How you can help
Are you interested in being part of Book Across the Bay, but you’re not interested in skiing? We always need volunteers to help with a variety of jobs, from making ice luminaries to grooming the course to stuffing registration bags (and more!)
Here are the main areas where we need volunteers. If one of these jobs appeals to you, please directly contact the person listed as that area coordinator.
- Publicity, registration, t-shirts, web site, public information. Contact email@example.com
- EXPO activities, Ashland-side tent set-up. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event sponsorship. Contact Andy Matheus, email@example.com
- Starting line coordination, crowd control, post-race cleanup. Contact Andy Matheus, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course preparation and grooming, luminaries, candle-lighting. Contact Andy Matheus, email@example.com
- Finish line coordination, timing, awards. Contact Ben Thoen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washburn-side tent set-up, post-race events including food, music, fireworks. Contact Lisa David, email@example.com
- Any other questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You may want to participate in other ways as well. In the past we’ve had individuals and groups organize rest and refreshment stops along the race course, play music, or create artwork. While Book Across the Bay can’t fund these sorts of activities, we may be able to help with logistics.
Book Across the Bay is more than just a ski race, and we encourage all kinds of creative community participation. Let us know if you have ideas!